We love strawberries sooo much~! That’s why we always look forward to summer when the three of us can enjoy this wonderful fruit~ Though Kanato-kun can’t really stand the hot weather…Anyway, here’s a wonderful strawberry mousse recipe~! Enjoy ^^
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 envelope gelatin, about 7 g
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- Hull the strawberries and slice thickly.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 1⁄4 cup cold water in a small bowl. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Place another 1⁄4 cup water, the sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice, oil and egg in a medium saucepan and whisk together until well combined. Cook over a low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the softened gelatin and cook, whisking constantly, until the gelatin has dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally. Whisk in the yogurt. Alternately layer the strawberries and lemon mousse in 8 dessert bowls and chill until set, about 3 hours. Serve.
- preparation time 15 mins
- cooking time 5 mins, plus 3 hours chilling
- serves 8
- 129 calories
- 3 g protein
- 3 g total fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 32 mg cholesterol
- 22 g total carbohydrate
- 22 g sugars
- 1 g fibre
- 25 mg sodium
Thank you, besthealthmag.com~!