Teddy and I made this easy and lovely dessert for his owner, Kanato-kun today, and he was really satisfied with it, especially because it didn’t take too much time to prepare it~ ^w^
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk (from 14-oz can)
- 2 drops green food color, if desired
- 1 drop yellow food color, if desired
- 4 cups frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping (from 12-oz container)
- 1 graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)
- 2 thin lime slices, cut into quarters, if desired
- In 1-quart saucepan, place lime juice; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Heat over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in lime peel.
- In medium bowl, mix condensed milk and food colors. Stir in lime juice mixture. Using rubber spatula, fold in all but 1/4 cup of the whipped topping. Spread in pie crust, smoothing top. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm
- Before serving, garnish pie with remaining 1/4 cup whipped topping and lime slices.
- To keep this pie picture-perfect, use the plastic cover that came with the crust as a protective cover; just turn it upside down over the pie.
- You can store this creamy pie for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Thank you, bettycrocker.com~!