Another vegan dessert recipe which me and Teddy found worth sharing~ Oreo cookie crust, chopped dark chocolate peanut butter cups, and the richest, creamiest vegan chocolate cheesecake filling you’ve ever tasted~! These no-bake mini cheesecakes are all about the JOY of eating~!
Ingredients (for 12 minicakes):
For the crusts:
- 18 oreo cookies (or other vegan sandwich cookies)
- 3½ tablespoons melted unrefined coconut oil, plus additional for greasing the tins
For the cheesecake fillings:
- 1½ cups raw cashew pieces, soaked for 2 hours, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ⅓ cup creamy salted peanut butter
- ¼ cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
12 mini or 4 regular vegan dark chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped
- To make the crusts, add the oreos to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add in the melted coconut oil and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with melted coconut oil. Line each tin with a strip of parchment paper (you’ll later use these to lift the cheesecakes out of the tins). Holding down a strip of paper, add 1 heaping tablespoon of crust mixture. Use a small glass to tightly pack it down into an even, flat layer. Repeat for the other tins. Set aside while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients to your blender. Process for 1-3 minutes, or until the texture is very smooth. If the mixture is too thick to blend, add a splash more coconut milk at a time until it blends. Pour the filling evenly over the crusts (you will likely have some leftover–see notes). Sprinkle one chopped mini vegan peanut butter cup on top of each cheesecake, or ⅓ of 1 regular-sized vegan peanut butter cup. Freeze until firm (about 4 hours).
To remove the cheesecakes from the tins, briefly dip the bottom of the pan in hot water. Lift the cheesecakes out of the tins using the parchment paper strips. For best and creamiest texture, allow to soften slightly (about 10 minutes). Enjoy!
- You will likely have about ½ cup of filling leftover after making the cheesecakes. This is not a bad thing, trust me. It makes for an outrageously good peanut butter chocolate pudding for 2, which is perfect for snacking while you wait for the cheesecakes to firm up in the freezer.
- Can’t eat peanuts? Feel free to sub almond butter and almond butter cups, or sunflower seed butter and sunbutter cups. It’s all good.
Thank you, picklesnhoney.com~!