The four of us had a fantastic tea party yesterday, and this what my Owner and me came up with to surprise Kanato-kun and Teddy~ They were so satisfied with this yummy cake that they told us to bake it today as well~! ^^
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 fresh peach, diced
- 1 fresh peach, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or the seeds of one vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8″ cake pan with cooking spray then line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper, spraying and lightly flouring the pan once the parchment is in place.
- In a large bowl sift together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or with a hand held mixer beat together the sugar and butter until well combined.
- Add in the egg and egg whites one at a time, beating until combined and scraping down the sides after the addition of each egg.
- Add in the vanilla extract and Greek yogurt and beat for another 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients beating until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the diced peach.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top.
- Place the slices of peach in a circular pattern on top of the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the tablespoon of raw sugar all over the top of the cake if desired.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes on the middle rack of the oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing it and cooling it completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the glaze until it is smooth and pourable.
- If the glaze is too thick add a little more milk and if it’s too thin add a little more powdered sugar.
- Pour or spoon the glaze all over the top of the cooled cake.
Thank you, reciperunner.com~!