Kanato-kun wasn’t in the best mood today…which of course, made my Owner, Teddy and me quite worried. Since we know that preparing sweets for him is a good way to cheer him up, the three of us immediately went to the kitchen to try out a new dessert. Much to our relief, his mood improved after tasting this amazingly sweet tart~! ^w^
- 2 1/4 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, such as Oreo
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces or 4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 large overripe banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce (homemade or store bought), room temperature
- In a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom (make sure there are no holes in the crust or the filling may stick to the pan). Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until cold.
- In a large heatproof bowl, add the chopped chocolate. Heat the cream in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling. Pour over the chocolate and let sit 1 minute. Stir until the chocolate has melted and mixture is fully smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup caramel sauce to the bottom of the cold crust and evenly smooth out. Arrange the banana slices on top of the caramel. Pour the chocolate mixture over top and smooth everything out, making sure all of the banana slices are covered.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining 1/4 cup caramel sauce on top of the chocolate then use a knife to swirl around. Refrigerate until firm before serving.
Thank you, chocolatemoosey.com~!