Today we decided to prepare this really interesting-looking dessert. Kanato-kun got a bit mad at first when we told him that it was prepared with dark chocolate, because he hates bitter things. But then his curiosity was bigger, so he tried it, and luckily he didn’t say it was terrible~ xP For those of you who are fans of dark chocolate, you’ll surely like this cake~!
For the cake:
- 1 C unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powdered
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 C hot water
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 16 Tbs butter
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C sour cream
For the glaze:
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs milk
- chocolate sprinkles
- Prepare your Bundt pan by greasing and flouring it. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Heat the water and add the chopped chocolate and the cocoa powder, Stir to mix and set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer until light in color and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Incorporate each egg before adding the next. The mixture will thicken and be a cream like consistency.Add the sour cream in two batches, mixing completely on each addition
- Add in the vanilla.
- Now add in half of the flour and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Gradually add in the cocoa mix (be sure it is not warm). Mix and then add the rest of the flour and then the rest of the cocoa mix. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake on the middle rack for 60 minutes. The batter may look like it’s too much for your heritage pan. In other pans it should be ok.
- When a cake tester comes clean, the cake is done. Allow to cool for an hour before un moulding. Then make the glaze.
- Glaze:Mix the vanilla, milk and sugar and pour over the cake. Quickly sprinkle the chocolate sprinkles.
Thank you, spiceroots.com~!