We found the amazing combination of sweet and sour in this lovely dessert~! It is definitely worth a try if you are open to new experiences~!
Yield: Makes 24 tartlets
• 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
• 1 egg, whisked
• Lemon Cream Filling (recipe below)
• 6 medium strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoons apricot preserves, melted (*see note below)
(*Add the preserves, plus about ½ teaspoon of water, to a glass ramekin or small dish, and microwave for 30-45 seconds, until melted.)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°, and lightly mist two mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, place your thawed sheet of puff pastry; roll it out, gently, just until it’s slightly larger and thinner.
3. Cut 12 squares out of the puff pastry (3 strips across, and 4 up and down), and then cut those squares in half creating a total of 24 small squares/rectangles.
4. Gently press each into a mini muffin tin, allowing the edges to lay over, and lightly egg wash each, and using a fork, prick the bottoms a couple of times to help prevent the pastry from rising/puffing too much; bake for about 10-12 minutes, just until golden-brown. (They will be shaped a little like butterflies when baked.)
5. Allow the puff pastry “cups” to completely cool on a wire rack; then, pipe some of the lemon filling into the center of each “cup”, and top with a slice of strawberry; brush the slice carefully with a little of the apricot preserves to create a glossy finish; refrigerate to chill, and serve cold.
• 6 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
• 6 ounces cream cheese, room temp
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 ½ tablespoons lemon zest
-Add the whipping cream to a bowl, and using a hand mixer, whip the cream until it becomes stiff peaks, and thickened; set aside in fridge to hold.
-To another bowl, add the cream cheese, and using a spatula, smooth and mix the cream cheese to make it pliable; add the powdered sugar in, and blend that in until smooth; add in the zest, and blend that in to incorporate.
-Fold in the whipped cream, in several batches, taking care to keep the mixture light and fluffy; once completely combined, cover and refrigerate until chilled; spoon into a piping bag for greater ease in filling the tartlets, or spoon into the prepared puff pastry shells.
Thank you, thecozyapron.com~!