Mmm, look at these amazing cookies~! When Kanato-kun saw them, we could see his eyes gleaming with happiness~ ^^ He even kissed my Owner on the cheek which made her blush as always~ These cookies take about two and half an hour to prepare, but it’s definitely worth it~!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 24 tablespoons Nutella, chilled
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Scoop out 24 tablespoons of Nutella onto a sheet of parchment paper or silicon mat. Then freeze them for 1 hour or until solid.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl whip up the butter until soft and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add both sugars and whisk together for another few minutes.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated and gradually add cocoa powder.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips to the bowl. Mix until everything is combined.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of the dough mixture at a time and using your hands roll the ball. Place the ball onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or silicon mat and repeat to make 24 equal dough balls.
- Using the back of a spatula make holes in the centre of the dough balls and place Nutella frozen scoops in the middle.
- Cover Nutella scoops completely inside by pulling the dough and forming balls. Make sure to work fast as Nutella quickly melts with the heat of your hands. Then place them on a silicon mat or baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the tops with few additional chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Freeze the balls for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and space the balls 2 inches apart on a baking sheet or silicon mat.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will flatten out and get crispy on the edges but the centre will still feel soft. Don’t worry they will continue to cook outside the oven while resting.
- Let the cookies rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Thank you, gastrosenses.com~!