Mmm, we love peaches so much~! And this cold, sweet soup is a perfect way to cool yourself down a bit on a hot summer day~! Besides, it’s a recipe from my Owner’s homeland~ ^w^
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 8 large very ripe peaches, peeled, halved and pitted or canned peaches (see Note below)
- 2 tablespoons plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5 cups semi-sweet white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apricot or peach brandy
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a medium saucepan, cook brown sugar and 2 cups water for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Dice 3 of the peaches, place in a large bowl, and toss with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Refrigerate.
- Puree remaining 5 peaches until smooth and place in a large bowl. Add lemon zest, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, cooled sugar syrup, wine, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brandy, mixing well.
- Add reserved diced peaches, combining thoroughly, and fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a chilled bowl garnished with a dollop of whipped cream, a few diced peaches and a sprig of mint, if desired.
For canned peaches, use 3 (16-ounce) cans drained peach halves, reserving 2 cups of the heavy syrup. Cook the syrup with 3/4 cup light brown sugar and cool. Continue as for the fresh peach recipe.
Thank you, easteuropeanfood.about.com~!