My Owner and I found a perfect snack to eat in case you need to fill the gap between breakfast and lunch, or if you just crave for something sweet any time of the day~
Ingredients (for 6 servings):
- 1 2/3 cups (400ml) coconut milk
- 1/5 cup (40g) granulated sugar
- 2/5 cup (100ml) whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 oz (70g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 oz (50g) milk chocolate, chopped
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Shredded coconut, for garnish
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish
1. Pre-heat your oven to 340°F (170°C).
2. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. In a saucepan, combine coconut milk and milk and heat gently to a simmer. Cut the fire and add chopped chocolate, whisking vigorously to get an homogenous mixture. Add the egg mixture and whisk again, until the texture is smooth (you can use an immersion blender if needed).
3. Divide the custard into ramekins and add a few drops of lemon juice on top. Transfer into a rimmed baking pan (or a springform pan) filled half way with hot water. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until set but still a little bit runny in the center. Allow to cool down and serve at room temperature or chilled in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and cocoa powder just before serving.
Thank you, eatwell101.com~