According to Kanato-kun, the sweeter the better. Of course not everyone agrees with this statement; my Owner, for example, does not like heavy desserts that are too sweet or at least cannot consume that much of them.
These brownie bites are one of those, however, we liked them very much~ Thanks to the tiny size of these brownie bites, even those people can enjoy them who don’t like too much sweetness~
Ingredients (for 12 servings):
For the brownies:
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the mousse:
- 6 tablespoons softened cream cheese (about 3 oz. or 85 g)
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/4 cup chopped milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips (45 grams)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Liberally butter a muffin tin.
- In the microwave or in a pot on the stove, combine the butter and sugar. Cook until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and quickly whisk together.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients and stir into the rest until smooth. Divide batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- When they’re cool, use a shot glass or anything else with a small top to press a hole into each brownie. When they’re completely cool, fill with mousse.
- To make the mousse, mix together the Nutella and cream cheese.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double broiler and stir into the cream cheese and Nutella.
- Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Stir about half of it into the Nutella mixture to soften it, then fold the rest in. Use to fill Brownies.
- Top with melted Nutella and chocolate curls. Store in the refrigerator.
Thank you, yammiesnoshery.com~