Though Kanato-kun likes anything sweet, he still prefers eating snacks and cakes to fruits. But we found a solution: we prepared him this lovely cake today that contains bananas. To him, bananas are not sweet enough. However, now that they were mixed into this delicious cake, he ate it gladly~
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup solid coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2½ cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9 x 2-inch round cake pans, and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the bananas and brown sugar until the banana has broken down into smaller pieces. Whisk in the melted coconut oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Scoop the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients, and gently fold everything together until just combined. Stir in the chopped pecans, and pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 28-29 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Remove the parchment paper from the cakes, and place one cake layer on a cake plate. Spread half of the cream cheese frosting on top. Repeat with the second layer, and then cut into big slices!
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on low speed until just combined. Add the confectioners sugar and whisk until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
Thank you, theoldfashionedgirl.com~!